Monday 30 April 2012

Circle

I'm in a place
It's familiar
I've been down this road before
I've been through the same dores
Made this same decisions
Choices arise and I try to convince myself that this time I will decide
Differently
I battle with myself over the obvious conclusion
I talk logic and try to reason with my inner voice
But no matter how right I may be
That one voice that says 'do it' keeps calling to me
It overrules my obvious and supported doubts
It laughs in the face of facts
Stands firm in a sea of truths
Is a rock that can not be moved by the waves of reality
It knows what it's doing is the way and is resolute in it's certain
This voice can not be swayed
And after many tries to convince myself with the obviousness of the disaster ahead
I do what I did before, and does it work out
It doesn't
I have failed
And here I am again in that oh familiar place
Putting up the good fight to not continue this destruction
But again I fall into the circle of madness
I will never break free
I will....
I dunno I just will

2 comments:

  1. I love your poetry. It's like you're inside my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I just write... I was actually trying to write a blog post, but it kept breaking into verse... So I gave up and wrote a poem instead :)

      Delete