Sunday 17 June 2012

Just Once

Just once I'd like to have the chance to throw my life away
Just once I'd like for someone to listen to what I have to say
Stop trying to see what's best for me
Making me into what you want me to be
Pulling me by both arms until you split my world apart

Just once I'd like to have the chance to make a big mistake
Just once I'd like to have the chance to fall along the way
Maybe become a professional criminal, a hit man, bank robber, CIA agent
Living in a world of espionage, excitement and covert operations
Not knowing if I'd be the one on the reviving end of someone's gunshot
Or if my next museum heist will be the one that gets me life

It doesn't matter whether things are bad or good
Doesn't matter how they appear or seem
It's more about the choosing itself, about me being able to choose my own destiny

Freedom to figure things out for myself
I'm tired of everyone influencing me calling it help
So to all that are listening hear me now today
Just once I'd like to have the chance to throw my life away.

No comments:

Post a Comment