Wednesday 22 February 2012

Another Day


Another day to be me
Another day to live my life
Another day to breathe
Another day to just be
Another day to close my eyes and dream
Believe
Escape
Fantasize
Release

Another day to look at myself
Another day to want for something else
Another day to view life through these eyes
Another day to swim in the rain from my grey skies
Another day to close my eyes and dream,
Believe
Escape
Fantasize
Release

Another day to live inside myself
Another day to hide from the world
Another day to pretend the world no longer exists
Another day to retreat and deny life's truths...
Another day to close my eyes and dream,
Believe
Escape
Fantasize
Release... And refuse to open my eyes

2 comments:

  1. Nice...first verse, the line would read and sound better as "another day just to be"...last verse "another day TO hide from the world" and this is a repeated too closely in the following line

    ReplyDelete
  2. the to I'm going to put in. Just a typo. It being similar to the next line. Cant argue with that, almost took it out but figured, hiding from the world is putting yourself in seclusion, pretending it doesn't exists means you don't hide at all you just refuse to acknowledge the presence of things. The another day just to be, i did that intentionally... like 'come onto me' verses 'to me, come'. I do it a lot i've noticed, invert sentence structure to suit my own purposes.

    ReplyDelete