Tuesday 21 February 2012

Am I?

Am I datable
Lovable
Desirable
Wanted
Needed?

Am I capable of being someone's better half
Soul-mate
Lover
Companion
Completion?

Am I not all that I could be, should be
Smarter
Softer
Harder
Happier
Sadder?

Am I not what you need
Solidity
Safety
Comfort
Support?

So many questions without answers or maybe they are answers in disguise as questions
A trick to fool me into believing the truths in the answers that don't exist
And... as I ponder the idea of 'am I' I realise that I'm blank
Just empty
Not an empty canvass to paint on
Not an empty void to be filled
There are no existing clever ways and perfect phrases to explain it this time around
The profoundness is in its simplicity
The idea so easy it's astounding
That it is so uncomplicated surprises me and brings new light and despair at the idea of simple
I will turn my question into a statement and amazingly... now... I have answers

I am not what you need
Solidity
Safety
Comfort
Support.

I am not all that I could be, should be
Smarter
Softer
Harder
Happier
Sadder.

I am not capable of being someone's better half
Soul-mate
Lover
Companion
Completion.

I am not datable
Lovable
Desirable
Wanted
Needed.

And now that I've made the switch the feeling is still the same... nothing has changed..the answers in my questions have been revealed and the truths I created to answer them destroyed
What  am I to do now that I can see the 'I am not' in my "Am I' datable?




No comments:

Post a Comment