Friday 29 September 2017

Beautiful

He calls me beautiful as if it were my name
In a tone so smooth it melts away the pain
Falls on my ear like birds on a spring day, keeping my heart in sink like the patter of falling rain
Cool, refreshing, invigorating, intoxicatingly sweet are all the things this one word brings
His voice sings to my aura and flies on wings of love, that even when it seems too much he gives more with no signs of giving up
The sound rumbles on frequencies that massage my soul, calms it in the bad times renews my faith in life
Each syllable rests on my inner being, hums on the strings that hold me down transforming them into ropes that lift me up
I didn't know love till he came
Didn't understand my worth
Couldn't see beyond the fog, pull myself up from the mud and dirt the quicksand of worthlessness that I was drowning in
To me, it was all the same, hurt and shame, hurt and shame, hurt and shame and hurt and shame
Pain didn't melt away and rain didn't nourish
My aura was filled with depressing tunes and voices only brought doom and gloom
Beautiful was a word I couldn't understand, not in others or myself
A foreign concept to someone who only saw ugly in the world, himself, but that all changed
Somehow he saw what I couldn't
Released me from the chains of oppression
Released me from my condition of self-inflicted depression, a slow dive into the demise of my life he lifted the dark fog that was hiding my hope
With eyes of the purest of pure he saw right through me to the core
He made me believe in all the things I couldn't see, that I thought I'd lost and wasn't worthy of
In the very depths of despair at the end of it all, he saw something that inspired him
Drove him to rescue me from the bottom of the sea up onto dry ground to the moon and the stars and further into the beyond
To land beside him, where all things are possible,
That's where he took me, that's where I found truth
My sight was returned
He breathed his life into me
When others all walked by
He didn't have to do it but he did and now with each breath I breathe in hope
I breathe in him and it ignites the flames of the fire that rekindled my desire to believe in me
To see the me he sees and now when I think of beautiful I think of him
His eyes, His touch, His breath His love even when it's too much it's never enough
He says beautiful and the power knocks me over like a moving train
It cannot be ignored
A force so strong I had no choice but to change
I can't go back to how I was
That man is gone
Cause he changed everything, with one word permanently invaded my space, my heart, my world
Through him I have been saved,
I have been saved
He calls me beautiful as if it were my name.


©Samuel Alexander 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment