Friday 29 September 2017

Lemonade

When life hands you lemons make lemonade they say
But life forgot the water, the juicer, the pitcher to put it in
You can't just up and make it without the tools needed
Everything needs to fall in place
The stars aligned at the right time to provide an escape from the madness of life
If only it were so simple to just wish something into existence
Wave a magic wand and poof, lemonade has arrived
Abracadabra I did it... wait, no I didn't

Life still sucks, I'm still in pain, can't see the sunshine for the rain
I'm drowning
No... sinking, buried by the noise of life reminding me that my life is meant to be bitter, without the sweet
Cold without the warmth my soul needs to survive the cruelty of simply being alive
Yet everyone's out there preaching, speak it into existence
Will the change you want into the dismal depressing state of this thing called your life
But they just don't understand because their life is all peaches and cream
To them everything is given, all the tools they need to succeed
All they need is a spoon to dip in the sweet concoction of their life's bliss not realising something is amiss from their theory
They have, you don't, better things just come on their own?
No... they won't
Take what life gives you and make it better, the motto from those on the greener side already
Honestly, it's like they are totally unaware of what's truly happening and here I am stuck with a useless lemon
That I can't juice,
Here with no water to make it stretch, no sugar to sweeten up the mix, no cups to share the wealth
But there is one thing the table of life doth provide
Shining in the burning sun that scorches to my very soul
A knife to remind me that since I can't make lemonade maybe my life should be ending
The universe hands me a choice
To live a perpetually bitter existence of eating useless bitter lemons or to remove myself from the equation
Quick. Smooth. Easy and nice
I let the decision waft over me
Make a choice
I slice....

©Samuel Alexander 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment